Τετάρτη 10 Φεβρουαρίου 2016

Xenios Charalambous | From games addicted to international fitness celebrity

You were earlier a hardcore gamer, what inspired you to stop gaming completely and take up this body ...
... transformation activity ?
 During my high school when I was 15 years old, I used to play competitive call of duty and dedicate 12 - 15 hours a day. I wasn’t eating right, I was very skinny, my eyes were red, and I was an ugly kid that liked to play video games. The reason I quit video games was because of my father, I missed my final year school exams, and the school called my dad to inform him about the situation. He came home furious, he beat me and broke my PlayStation. That was the main reason I decided to hit the gym which changed my life forever.
As a child what were your goals and aspirations? What did you want to become ?
 I started setting goals immediately after I joined the gym. The first guy I used to look up for motivation was Taylor Lautner from the movie “Twilight”. I read his story that he gained 30 pounds of muscle in under a year, and this inspired me that I could do it too! I remember I started bodybuilding at 47 kgs and in 7 years of time, I managed to reach 75 kg at very low body fat.
You have been into sports a lot, having won the 3rd place in a national competition. How has sports helped you in bodybuilding? Why didn’t you continue your sporting career ?
 The reason I got into sports was my father again, he was a national champion at 100m sprint, back in the 80s. As a young kid and a very competitive person I wanted to prove to my father that I could do it too, so for 2 years I used to be in the track & field and compete. Athletics and bodybuilding are two entirely different sports. Bodybuilding is all about building up muscle and looking good while in athletics you train to become the fastest. The reason I didn’t continue my sporting career was because of my addiction to my video games”.
Tell us about your creative side. You have an experience of playing the guitar for 13 years. Ever thought of taking up music full time ?
 Yes, that’s true. I was the part of a band, and we participated in various music events. At some point in my life, I wanted to be a musician because my mother is a musician. However, I didn’t continue since I never wanted to take up music full time, thus kept it as a hobby.
You have served in the special forces as well. How has that experience shaped you as an individual ?
 At the age of 17 after graduating from high school, I decided to join the special forces. I passed successfully at the all physical and mental activities. I am thankful that I had the opportunity and the strength to serve in the special forces for 2 years, it was once in a lifetime opportunity for me. Being in the special forces for 2 years has made me a stronger person - mentally and physically and taught me how to never give up.
How supportive has your family been? Who has supported you the most in all your ups and downs ?
 My family always supported me in all my decisions, and it is a blessing to have their support. The person that truly supported me and believed in me since the beginning of my fitness career was my friend Andrea Anastasiou. She is the person I always go to for advice, and I am sure she will always stand up for me no matter what. You can reach out to her here http://www.bymissblogger.com
Injuries are common in your field of profession. Have you been injured? How did you recover. What’s your take on injuries ?
 Injuries can happen to anybody. We train as hard as we can, push our bodies to the limits, and those nagging aches and pain somehow manage to turn into an injury. The best advice I can give to anyone out there is to train smart. Most people try to go as heavy as possible, which leads to injuries. One lesson I've learned over the years is that it is OK to train through muscle pain, but it is never OK to train through joint pain which usually happens due to heavy weights and poor form. So if you are injured, this is something you need to take care of right away before it turns into a chronic problem or gets worse.
You have a YouTube channel where you post videos about training sequences and motivation. How does it feel to motivate and inspire so many people ?
 This is the best feeling and my reward for all the hard work I put in. I love interacting with people, and I somehow try to impact their lives positively. That’s the main reason I promote myself on social media, to show everybody that everything is possible.
You bagged a sponsorship without participating in any competition. Tell us about it. How did that feel ?
 I managed to get a sponsorship without competing and without being known in social media. I am thankful that Sci-­Mx Nutrition discovered my talent and gave me this massive opportunity to join their official team. It was one of the best feelings in my life.
You motivate many, but how do you motivate yourself? What keeps you going on in your downs ?
 More than 160,000 people are following me worldwide on social media; this is my motivation to continue my passion for fitness. Like every human, everybody has his ups and downs. You must accept that you might fail, but then if you do your best and still don't win, at least, you can be satisfied that you tried. If you don't accept failure as a possibility, you don't set high goals, you don't branch out, you don't try, you don't take the risk.
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? What do you dream to do ?
 I will graduate from University in 4 months with a Network Engineering degree, and I am planning to do Masters or a Ph.D. In 5 years of time, I will either work for a big company as a network engineer or will have a million followers on my social media platforms and inspire the world. What I want to happen in 5 years of time and I honestly believe it will happen, is to have a successful online business and be one of the top and most known names in the fitness industry. I already live this dream but in a smaller scale.

Reach Out To Xenios 
 Photographer Credits: Christos Mavros Photography

 Injuries can happen to anybody. We train as hard 
as we can, push our bodies to the limits, and those 
nagging aches and pain somehow manage to turn 
into an injury. The best advice I can give to anyone out there,
is to train smart. 
- XENIOS

EDITED BY MAHISHA NAIDU, DREAMER AND BELIEVER

http://www.humanfox.com/capsule/xenios/


Up next : The capsule of Xenios Charalambous. A gamer turned International Fitness Model.#ComingSoon #LiveToInspirewww.humanfox.com
Δημοσιεύτηκε από HumanFOX στις Παρασκευή, 29 Ιανουαρίου 2016

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: